TNFro Is Reading…Rest In Power, What Do Prince Philip, DMX, Lizzo, Donna, EWF,Whitney Have In Common? Nerds Buying Nerd -Ish, NASA, Still Writing Nerdy Stuff-Listeners 2.0 – feliciabaxter
- TNFro Is Reading…Rest In Power, What Do Prince Philip, DMX, Lizzo, Donna, EWF,Whitney Have In Common? Nerds Buying Nerd -Ish, NASA, Still Writing Nerdy Stuff-Listeners 2.0
- TNFro Is Reading…Homegirl Holy Hour, The Kid from Nazareth, Easter and other Boujee Symbols
- TNFro Is Reading…Actually talking about 90s Classic Black Romance Movies and Seat Dancing, Final Thoughts on Duchess Cousin Meghan Spilling the T, April Book Releases
- Over 40 and Un-Apologetically Nerdy…3000 Downloads, Mourning, Chair Dancing to Madonna and NASA News, CQ-1, LEGO Shuttle, ST-Corner with Voyager and DS9 Docs, and More of The Listeners…
- Cousin Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry's Detractors…Piers Morgan Scorned and Off Air and the Markle Clan…Code Stroke ? Mr. Markle the Rest of them need to go sit down somewhere…
When I originally prepared this episode I became aware of just how little I knew of the celebration of Christmas in other countries, and how many of those traditions I would love to incorporate into my own celebrations!
In this episode of my 12 Podcasts of Christmas series, I will endeavor to explore Christmas Celebrations in other exotic locations such as Egypt, Greece, and India. Although the celebrations can vary by date the focus on joy and hope represented in the birth of Christ.
Coptic Christians although a religious minority with their celebrations becoming more commercialized this century, start their celebration of the 43 days lead up, Advent or Kiahk, to Christmas Day January 7th. Advent is a fasting and refrain from eating meat, egg, butter during this time.
Coptic Christmas Eve there is a special Liturgy followed by parties and festivities on Coptic Christmas Day in which Kahk, or sweet biscuits
are given as gift and there is a massive dinner adding back all those foods paired with lamb stew…summers!!! Baba Noel, Father Christmas makes an appearance giving blessings and presents to the nice!
And I will conclude with another reading from Dickens, A Christmas Carol. “God bless you merry gentleman! May nothing you dismay!”
Seasonal Affective Disorder Is Treatable
If you are searching for help and direction in your struggles with depression and addiction
Available 24 hours everyday
There is also an online chat feature https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
And if Vodka is the problem, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) for 24/7 help.
Please reach out to find joy in this season!