TNFro Is Reading…Grieving These Hypocritical States Of America, Meaning of Freedom from Juneteenth, Reading Lighter Fare… By The Book – feliciabaxter
- TNFro Is Reading…Grieving These Hypocritical States Of America, Meaning of Freedom from Juneteenth, Reading Lighter Fare… By The Book
- Premium Episode Quark’s Bar By TNFro Is Reading…Why creators create, How Many Stacks Are Required to be free and Lighter Fare with Jasmine Guillory’s By The Book
- Premium Episode Quark’s Bar By TNFro Is Reading…Admiring P-Valley and Thinking About Federally Funded Genocide in Take My Hand
- TNFro Is Reading…Reflecting on the meaning of Juneteenth, Reading and commenting on the Emancipation Proclamation and the TX Diss
- TNFro Is Reading and Podcasting…Celebrating Black Excellence, Quark’s Bar Watching Not Really Reality TV, Donkey of the Week, and What I am Reading
When I originally prepared this episode I became aware of just how little I knew of the celebration of Christmas in other countries, and how many of those traditions I would love to incorporate into my own celebrations!
In this episode of my 12 Podcasts of Christmas series, I will endeavor to explore Christmas Celebrations in other exotic locations such as Egypt, Greece, and India. Although the celebrations can vary by date the focus on joy and hope represented in the birth of Christ.
Coptic Christians although a religious minority with their celebrations becoming more commercialized this century, start their celebration of the 43 days lead up, Advent or Kiahk, to Christmas Day January 7th. Advent is a fasting and refrain from eating meat, egg, butter during this time.
Coptic Christmas Eve there is a special Liturgy followed by parties and festivities on Coptic Christmas Day in which Kahk, or sweet biscuits
are given as gift and there is a massive dinner adding back all those foods paired with lamb stew…summers!!! Baba Noel, Father Christmas makes an appearance giving blessings and presents to the nice!
And I will conclude with another reading from Dickens, A Christmas Carol. “God bless you merry gentleman! May nothing you dismay!”
Seasonal Affective Disorder Is Treatable
If you are searching for help and direction in your struggles with depression and addiction
Available 24 hours everyday
There is also an online chat feature https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
And if Vodka is the problem, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) for 24/7 help.
Please reach out to find joy in this season!