TNFro Is Reading…Black and Brown Excellence, TN Eats and Music, Reading from my Sci-Fi Novel Listeners, General Fussing about TN–State of Hate and GOP Doubling Down on Stupid – feliciabaxter
- TNFro Is Reading…Black and Brown Excellence, TN Eats and Music, Reading from my Sci-Fi Novel Listeners, General Fussing about TN–State of Hate and GOP Doubling Down on Stupid
- TNFro Is Reading…Chair Dancing To Snoop Dogg, TN Dumb -Ish Like Whoa! and We Bout It, Rest In Powers, Bruce Beach, Oscar Shenanigans, Well Duh COVID, Listeners Read
- TNFro Is Reading…Stupid Stuff and Cool Stuff in TN, Remembering Prince, George Floyd Trial Reflections, Black Excellence, Listeners Read, Weird But True
- TNFro Is Reading…Rest In Power, What Do Prince Philip, DMX, Lizzo, Donna, EWF,Whitney Have In Common? Nerds Buying Nerd -Ish, NASA, Still Writing Nerdy Stuff-Listeners 2.0
- TNFro Is Reading…Homegirl Holy Hour, The Kid from Nazareth, Easter and other Boujee Symbols
NASA Image of the Day
Hubble The Gift That Keeps on Giving
Black Excellence In Space
Victor Glover, a Navy pilot who has accumulated 3,000 flight hours in more than 40 aircraft, over 400 carrier arrested landings and 24 combat missions, took his first spacewalk on Thursday, Jan. 28, 2021. In this image, he works to ready the International Space Station‘s port-side truss structure for future solar array upgrades.
The colors represent wavelengths of light across a broad spectrum. X-rays from NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory are shown in purple; visible-light from NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope is colored red, green and blue; and infrared observations from NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope are also represented in red.
Star Trek Corner
Ships of Star Trek
Star Trek Voyager, Nova Class
Ok, I felt some kind of way when I found this series was placed on a rival network and then given so much press and support than DS9 but really didn’t have ratings to support the hype. But think about it…a multi-species crew with a Vulcan tactical officer
and a Native American first officer
thrown into the uncharted Delta Quadrant with no support and unable to communicate with Star Fleet headed by a skinny white girl with a bun, then a bob, then back to a bun and then settling on a basic blow out by Season 7?
They try to uphold Starfleet rules in a place where the Federation doesn’t even exist, it would be trite if not noble. I am up to Season 2 Episode 20, mind you this is 1997 or 1998 and Neelix has Starfleet Podcast of sort
Granted many themes I think are problematic, with Captain Save a Ho, is some white chick from another universe with the lilly white bread polly-anna StarFleet ideals being applied to the rough and “dark” lawless Delta Quadrant. Why are the most ruthless villains always brothers or Kazons?
And why do we need the lighter complected Star Fleet Captains to save the aliens from their own destruction and restore order? What order when these races and civilizations are older and more advanced than anything in the Alpha Quadrant? But these ragtag group of Marque, spies, and Starfleet officers experience things beyond comprehension, because again, nothing in their training could prepare them for any anomaly in the Delta Quadrant. It makes for great TV.
Books of Voyager
The Star Trek creators were wholy invested in this series even down to the novels based on themes from the episodes.
18 novels and counting…I only have 7 in my Alibris wishlist and use the following coupon codes:
|Take $3 off $45+Coupon code:|
|Take $5 off $65+Coupon code:|
|Take $10 off $110+Coupon code:|
Offer expires 11:59pm on 02/07/2021
or recently added to Chattabooks my online bookstore.
I find comfort in the written word if I am reading or creating it.