I take pride in having non-traditional Christmas dinner. I remember the bacon wrapped smoked turkey legs over a Turkish saffron rice….that was an epic fail.
I want to start with a massive Christmas Eve breakfast, IHOP has special discount using code:DELIVER.
But my Christmas dinner for me will be a seafood Veracruz Mexico soup over Carolina Gold Rice
- In a medium sized sauce pan, add 1 3/4 cup Chicken Broth bringing to a boil
- Add 3/4 cup Uncooked Carolina pride Rice lower to simmer cook until tender adding butter stirring remove from heat
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent.
- In a food processor add stewed or diced tomato, 1 whole jalapeño (removing seed and inner skin to decrease spicy), clove of garlic
- Stir in tomato sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in clam juice and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add corn, salt, peppers, and thyme, mix well.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream and crab meat, shrimp, mussels or clams, (consider adding salmon, lobster, sausage increase cook time to ensure all meat cooked thoroughly)
- Heat through.
- Add green onions, mix well, garnish with cilantro and serve over rice. Enjoy!
I am grateful I have a choice of what I can and will eat. I pray for readers of my blog to be able to eat well and celebrate the holidays with people they love. Take some time to give back donate to Second Harvest or other local pantry’s or volunteer your time. 25 dollars=200 meals!