TNFro’s Bar Space News, Eating and Drinking, ’shopTalk Dallas, Reading Listeners – Over 40 And Unapologetically Nerdy
TN Melanated Nerd is sharing completely revamped premium content with a new Cover art and Clips
In this week’s episode, I discuss the Juno mission to study Jupiter,
The missing Titanic Submersible…imploded with no survivors. My heart goes out to the families…
When you get right down to it, the Bourbon Old Fashioned is little more than a slug of whiskey, seasoned and sweetened. Yet for all of its suave simplicity, the drink remains as relevant today as it was when it first captured drinkers’ hearts 200 years ago.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 ounces bourbon (or rye whiskey, if preferred)
- Garnish: orange twist
- Add the sugar and bitters into a mixing glass, then add the water, and stir until the sugar is nearly dissolved.
- Fill the mixing glass with ice, add the bourbon, and stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over one large ice cube.
- Express the oil of an orange twist over the glass, then drop into the glass to garnish.
- 4 cups chopped seedless watermelon (about 1 pound)
- Kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons (2 1/2 ounces) white rum (such as Ten To One)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ tablespoon agave nectar
- Ice cubes
- Watermelon slice
- Process chopped watermelon in a blender until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour processed watermelon through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a medium bowl to yield 1 1/2 cups watermelon juice (enough for 8 cocktails). Discard solids. Chill juice until ready to make cocktails.
- Salt half the rim of a chilled coupe glass. Add white rum, lime juice, agave nectar, and 3 tablespoons watermelon juice to a cocktail shaker filled three- fourths of the way with ice. Cover and shake vigorously until well combined, about 10 seconds. Strain into coupe glass. Garnish with a watermelon slice.
St. Germaine Royals, The Bougie Drink of RHOA
- 3/4 OZ ST‑GERMAIN
- 5-6 OZ CHAMPAGNE
- BLACKBERRY TO GARNISH
- Pour St‑Germain into a chilled Champagne glass (from the freezer).
- Top with Champagne.
- Give the drink a quick stir.
- Garnish with a blackberry by placing on the rim of the glass.
Michael Frazer did his homework, tasted 400 hundred different Bourbons before producing his own unique recipe for Reverence, The First Black Owned Bourbon in TN! Order Here.
1.5 oz Fresh Bourbon
1 oz Lime Juice (Sweetened)
.5 oz Grenadine
.5 oz PeachSchnapps
Top w/ Sprite, Lemon Garnish
Dak and Zeke Bromance Continues
I am revamping Listeners, my Sci-Novel…watch out Octavia Butler! This week I dicuss Listeners Changing the Story Arc…
Suppose there was an alternate force that was against this contact?
Don’t forget TNFro Is Reading Full Episodes, Notes, and Snippets on YouTube and Anchor.fm are available! Click here to peruse and Subscribe!
You know your girl is on her hustle, support the show by navigating to:
Dale’s Angel’s Store…For Merch
Social Media Round UP…Clips, Food, Ethel Mertz my Dog
With additions to Far From Beale Street Online Bookstore. Broadcasting from Creative Quest Milli Inc right here on this Side of Barton for those in the Know, Let’s Go Exploring!
Far From Beale Street Bookstore…Latest releases to read
Including a fictional autobiography by Derek Tyler Attico, Available on Amazon
and Far From Beale St. Online bookstore…
Become a Melanated Nerd Patron to listen to all Premium content, the window is closing on available Episodes!
Send Questions, Compliments, and letter to :
Facebook: TNFro Is Reading Book Club
Ship A Bag of Dicks for Glitter Bombs and Chocolate Penises…promo code:tnfrogotjokes
Tip A Sister If You Wanna Hear Better and More Favorably Produced Episodes! Or leave a tip if you want more produced for better-produced episodes!
or even Venmo