This week’s episode of TNFro Is Reading will center on Black Excellence and National Cool which will showcased
- Showcased during the show Lonnie Bunch III, Director of the Smithsonian Institute
- Added now: Brandon Allen channeling Billy Porter as he won Homecoming Non-Gender in a superfly evening gown right in TN at White Station High and
- National Cool with Robert Iger and Chanel Miller.
- Georgetown prep as they welcomed a student back for the first time after his latest brain surgery.
I will discuss Invites to The BBQ, my take on the relevance and general coolness of certain Democratic Candidates for the 2020 election. Elizabeth Warren and Pete Buttegieg’s immediate and succinct response to Impeachment proceedings for presidential wrongdoing and Nertz to all of his enablers was classic and on point. Joe Biden hedged and deflected, hmm Jo-Jo, really.
My Disinvites are Rudy Giuliani, I had no idea he was this simple while Mayor of New York, one of my favorite cities in the universe and Ben Carson gets cancelled because he leaned into his own fallacy of idiocy and grandeur. Both reconfirm my personal belief that this administration is garbage, but I still have hope the process they repeatedly thumb their nose at, will come back and smack them all upside the head!
My focus for Chattabooks and my read will be focused on several books by Black and Brown authors.
- How We Fight for Our Lives: A Memoir,’ by Saeed Jones (Simon & Schuster, Oct. 8)
- Self-Portrait in Black and White: Unlearning Race,’ by Thomas Chatterton Williams (Norton, Oct. 15)
- ‘Tough Love: My Story of the Things Worth Fighting For,’ by Susan Rice (Simon & Schuster, Oct. 8)
- Know My Name: A Memoir Hardcover – September 24, 2019 by Chanel Miller
- A Fool’s Errand: Creating the National Museum of African American History and Culture in the Age of Bush, Obama, and Trump By Lonnie Bunch
I will read from Water Dancer by Tanheisi Coates and my first installation of The Making of WestwardFro.
The I will end with my daily affirmations and here is my favorite by @HumbleThePoet, “This shit doesn’t get easier we just get stronger…I refuse to be locked in a prison of bitterness and hatred for the rest of my life.”
Don’t forgot to navigate to www.dalesangelsinc.com for all special offers and updates on nerd news. Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or even leave a 2 minute voicemail at 423-463-0658…no trolly messages please. Your comments may actually be read or played during the podcast!
Also if you like what you are hearing don’t hesitate to become a patron through Podbean or put 5 on it and leave a tip at paypal.me/FeliciaDAI