TNFro Is Reading…Grieving These Hypocritical States Of America, Meaning of Freedom from Juneteenth, Reading Lighter Fare… By The Book – feliciabaxter
- TNFro Is Reading…Grieving These Hypocritical States Of America, Meaning of Freedom from Juneteenth, Reading Lighter Fare… By The Book
- Premium Episode Quark’s Bar By TNFro Is Reading…Why creators create, How Many Stacks Are Required to be free and Lighter Fare with Jasmine Guillory’s By The Book
- Premium Episode Quark’s Bar By TNFro Is Reading…Admiring P-Valley and Thinking About Federally Funded Genocide in Take My Hand
- TNFro Is Reading…Reflecting on the meaning of Juneteenth, Reading and commenting on the Emancipation Proclamation and the TX Diss
- TNFro Is Reading and Podcasting…Celebrating Black Excellence, Quark’s Bar Watching Not Really Reality TV, Donkey of the Week, and What I am Reading
The era of the acclaimed series by Shondaland, Bridgerton, on Netflix takes place in the Regency Era. Same era of Jane Austen’s works but in this case the modern writings of an author of Jewish descent. I am reading a beautifully written, surprising to me because again I am no fan of romance novels. But even the prologue starts off at the birth of a the 10th Duke Hastings Simon. But as I am reading other coverage of the series, I found out Queen Charlotte does not play a significant role in the book series, but she has such a presence in the series, I am glad this deviation from the original story line added to the drama and enhanced the original storyline. (I wish the writers of the stand could have viewed this piece to show them how it’s done, but I digress) Besides the opulent gowns
and over the top wigs, with this Afro wig being what I aspire to.
Even the music or soundtrack of the series, I could have sworn they played Adam Levine on the violin during one of the balls but on period instruments and believe it or not it all worked! Also, I was struck of the racial diversity on display from Lord Hastings, umm fine.
As well as Her Royal Majesty, the Queen who has been rumored well to be more ethnic.
I am not sure but before the days of fillers and hair straighteners, she had full lips and her natural hair was well, natural. I think the Queen in life was a sister, and the genetics historian Mario De Valdes y Cocom, who began his studies in 1967, according to the Washington Post and I think support that even though naysayers say naw. Meghan Markle, or the Duchess of Sussex is not the first mixed raced royal, sorry ya’ll.
but it does not take away from the amazing drama, amazing actors and actresses, and presence in this beautiful production. It’s not just the youthful actors,
the aunties are rocking this series!
In this socially fractured times we live in, and seeing people of color portraying great people of history marvelously by the way, makes me as a Black women feel pretty damn awesome and proud this was produced amazingly. I have even been opened up to a whole new genre of books to read, historical romance.
But I have personally become very accustomed to nothing less from Shonda Rhimes and her team. Well done! I look forward to reading the books and you can use my coupon codes
|Take $2 off $30+Coupon code:|
|Take $3 off $45+Coupon code:|
|Take $4 off $55+Coupon code:|
To get percentage off your order and shipping from Alibris.com and navigate to my wishlist to find them easily on the site.