I am still decompressing here in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Planning my next adventure here. We all need the seabreezes to blow the cobwebs and hatred out of our minds.
I came looking for the sunrise
I ate Ramen
Started and Recapped A Promised Land by President Barack Obama with a the backdrop the waves of the Gulf of Mexico
TNFro Is Reading Podcast January 11, 2021
TNFro Is Reading…Reflecting on MLK, Manifestation of the Dream, RIP Shabba Do, Chattabook Additions – feliciabaxter
- TNFro Is Reading…Reflecting on MLK, Manifestation of the Dream, RIP Shabba Do, Chattabook Additions
- Over 40 and Un-Apologetically Nerdy…Space Nerd News, Video Games for Old People, and all things Star Trek Recap
- TNFro Is Reading…Reading A Promised Land on The Gulf Coast of Alabama
- Over 40 and Un-Apologetically Nerdy…Space Nerd and all things Star Trek Recap
- TNFro is Reading…The Duke and I by Julia Quinn and Watching Bridgerton by Shondaland
I continue to expand upon all my social media forms to entertain and educate with positivity.
I also added Robert Jones Jr, debut novel The Prophets to Chattabooks
Except from the book:
A singular and stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation, the refuge they find in each other, and a betrayal that threatens their existence.
Isaiah was Samuel’s and Samuel was Isaiah’s. That was the way it was since the beginning, and the way it was to be until the end. In the barn they tended to the animals, but also to each other, transforming the hollowed-out shed into a place of human refuge, a source of intimacy and hope in a world ruled by vicious masters. But when an older man–a fellow slave–seeks to gain favor by preaching the master’s gospel on the plantation, the enslaved begin to turn on their own. Isaiah and Samuel’s love, which was once so simple, is seen as sinful and a clear danger to the plantation’s harmony.