I got my telescope!!
Just in time for the
Perseid meteorite show!
Spicy Green Tomato Salsa
This green tomato salsa tastes great served over cream cheese with tortilla chips or crackers for a game time snack. A great way to save those green tomatoes when there is an early frost. I created this recipe with the assistance of my daughter-in-law Carolyn and her niece Felicia. Thanks you two!
Recipe by Tammy Huguenin Updated on May 31, 2023
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 12 ½ cups chopped green tomatoes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 jalapeño peppers, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 4 serrano peppers, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 6 limes, juiced, divided
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Combine green tomatoes, onions, jalapeño peppers, serrano peppers, and red bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix cilantro, sugar, garlic, oregano, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.
- Fill a blender with about 2 cups tomato mixture, 1 teaspoon lime juice, and 1/4 of the spice mixture; blend to desired consistency and pour into a large bowl. Repeat blending with remaining tomato mixture, lime juice, and spice mixture, working in batches, until all ingredients are blended. Stir vinegar into salsa.
For a milder salsa remove the seeds from 2-3 of the jalapeños.
Portion out remaining salsa into bags; freeze or refrigerate.
Become a Melanated Nerd on Podbean or Patreon by clicking https://linktr.ee/tnfroisreading to subscribe and listen to all Premium content; the window closes soon on available Episodes across most platforms!
@Lettucegrow Get into it use code: FRIEND-YFO35A for percentage off your first order Navigate to